Thursday, May 27, 2010

lady marian

Award-winning actress Cate Blanchett graces W magazine's June cover, stunning as always. Never handing a performance that wasn't brilliant, she consistently exudes a certain persona - alluring, beautiful and sophisticated. A whole lot of woman, they say. Here, some outtakes from her W interview.

On her inaccurate public perception:
I'm so misunderstood! I'm not focused on what other people think of me. Some people get you and some people don't, and to spend your life trying to make people understand how deep and complex and varied you are -- I think that way lies madness.

On encouraging a love of theater in her children:
You've just got to present it to them and they take what they take. It's important to me that it doesn't feel like a family business to them. So that they have a life that's not continually centered around what we do.

On her favorite beauty aid:
Dry shampoo. It has changed my life.

On her attitude towards fashion:
I love it. I don't spend my life worshipping it, but I love beautiful things. I don't really think about "my aesthetic." It's eclectic I guess. I'm interested in juxtaposing the unexpected.

Dry shampoo, people. Can't believe some of my guy friends are clueless to what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

show me some love x