Sunday, May 30, 2010

just right

Started the day listening to Robin Thicke hitting the sexy falsettos instantly set me in a calm, collected love state. Behind every great man is a woman, the same is true for a song. Behind every great song, lies a great writer. His breakout hit "Lost Without You" propelled him to stardom, garnering several accolades. Having written songs since the age of 16 for the likes of Brandy, Christina Aguilera, Pink, Usher, Mya, and even The King of Pop himself, it took him more than a decade to become a star in his own terms and claim a piece of his pie with albums like A Beautiful World (2003), The Evolution of Robin Thicke (2006) and his latest effort, Sex Therapy (2009).

In a 2007 interview with Giant magazine, on the difference between him and Justin Timberlake:
"I would say that Justin's been a star since he was 16 and it took me 14 years to become a star. That's the big difference. I'm the guy who had to keep trying. I'm the guy who took four record deals and never hit. I'm the guy who has actually been through all the pain and the struggle and the heartache. And when I sing now, I sing with pain and heartache and struggle in my voice. "

Now, if you haven't heard of this incredible R&B artist just yet, it's time get acquainted. Listen to some of my favorite jams and tell me if you're on the same page: Lost Without You, The Sweetest Love, The Stupid Things, Sex Therapy and Jus Right

No comments:

Post a Comment

show me some love x