Sunday, May 16, 2010

for you, a thousand times over



"For you, a thousand times over"

Someone significant said this once to me, but I never truly grasped the meaning until recently. These words resonated in my head like a heartbeat after watching The Kite Runner, a film adaptation of the novel by Khaled Hosseini. It tells a heartbreaking story, one of unrequited love and loyalty; the friendship between Amir, the son of a wealthy Afghan businessman, and Hassan, the son of his father's servant. The film makes you question yourself, the kind of person that you are, and if you would do anything for the other person, particularly the person that you love.

Life is a journey of self-discovery. It teaches and demands us to make choices, ones that change the course of our lives forever. God created us imperfect, and full of flaws but He created time nonetheless so there would be a place to bury the failures of the past, in search of a better self, a better future.

So to the person who once said those beautiful six words to me, thank you for your selfless, loving heart. I'll remember these words for long. Til the end of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

show me some love x